QIF doc pages

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Thu Feb 28 16:14:07 EST 2008

Hi Charles,

Am Donnerstag, den 28.02.2008, 12:50 -0800 schrieb Charles Day:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>
> > "Charles Day" <cedayiv at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > OK, that's sounds like what Ian is also saying, and that sounds good to
> > me
> > > too. So under which of the following conditions would a new account tab
> > be
> > > automatically created and displayed after the QIF import finishes?
> > >   (a) the QIF import is launched though the "new user" dialog
> > >   (b) no accounts exist prior to import (and no Accounts tab exists
> > either)
> > >   (c) any others?
> >
> > I think anytime that the importer completes, regardless of how it's
> > called, iff there is no Account Tree Page.
> >

> What's the easiest way to test for an existing Account tab?
>
> After that, creating the new accounts tab seems pretty easy:
>   GncPluginPage *page;
>
>   page = gnc_plugin_page_account_tree_new();
>   gnc_main_window_open_page(NULL, page);
>
> -Charles

maybe something like

gnc_find_first_gui_component(PLUGIN_PAGE_ACCT_TREE_CM_CLASS, [...])
as can be seen in
src/business/business-gnome/dialog-invoice.c:gnc_invoice_new_page()

Please note that there are other situations we lack an account tree as
well, e.g.

(1) open new window with account tree page (window > new window with
page), then close that window... i am not sure whether that situation
survives a restart though
(2) cancel hierarchy druid or do not spawn it on "file > new" at all

Maybe those could be handled equally well?

Thanks,
-- andi5