AUTHORS

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Fri Feb 29 17:58:51 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 08:07:37PM +0100, Andreas Köhler wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> to me it seems as if we do not really keep the AUTHORS file up-to-date.
> At least I tend to hesitate because of the needs to
>
> * describe what patch contributors contributed
> * describe possible future work to avoid necessary updates
> * decide when "other contributors" evolve to "main developers"
> * describe what they do and have done even more verbosely then
>
> So I would like to propose something completely different :-D  What
> about simply listing names without email addresses or descriptions,
> merging the two categories of contributors and sorting them
> lexicographically (as if written in some form of latin letters),
> something like the attachment.  I would also offer to gather all the
> missing names from 2007 and 2008.
>
> I am not sure what to do with the history part of the file though.
>
> Opinions?

Here's an idea: list the names like below and, if someone is a
committer, list their svn login id so that their contributions can be
tracked that way.

or maybe, if trac will do it, give a link to a search by author. If
someone really wants to know what a particular person did, they can
follow the link.

.02

oh, and, did I get booted? ;-)

> Andreas Köhler