QIF importer treatment of zero-sum split transactions

Thomas Baumgart ipwizard at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 5 03:18:05 EST 2008

Hi all,

on Friday 04 January 2008 23:54, Charles Day wrote:

> > The biggest problem with QIF is that there really is no standard.
> >
> > > There are so many different ways to doing it that getting it right
> > > 100% of the time is impossible.
>
> I'd hazard to say that how Quicken uses QIF is the standard, if not by
> history (it is the Quicken Interchange Format, after all) then de facto
> by market share and volume. But that's a convenient answer for me, being
> a Quicken user.  ;-)

And even that is not 100% sure, because I encountered one Quicken product
to export data in one way, and at the same time another one exporting in a
different way.

The problem then - around the year 2000 - was with the meaning/usage of the
apostrophe in the date. As Derek pointed out: QIF is amibigious.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

The gates in my computer are AND,OR and NOT, not Bill