Guile version (was Introducing myself)

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 5 18:23:51 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 4:22 PM, Josh Sled wrote:

> Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu> writes:
>> --On January 5, 2008 3:46:41 PM +0000 mark carter
>> <mcturra2000 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> What exactly is the deal as regards GnuCash using guile 1.6 versus
>>> 1.8.  Would we be expecting to throw up many incompatibilities?
>>
>> I've been running Gnucash (SVN revision 16747) with Guile 1.8 for a
>> week or two and it seems to work ok.  I had trouble at first, but it
>> turned out to be a problem with the Macports port of Guile 1.8 which
>> was applying a patch that was no longer relevant to that version.
>
> I believe most distros have gnucash depend against guile-1.8, at
> this point.
> I can't think of a recent example I've seen where it's been mentioned
> guile-1.6 is in play.
>
> --
> ...jsled
> http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}

OK. I have one. The fink version of gnucash depends on guile 1.6.7
(and slib 2d6) because it works, and I'd been hearing about bad
behavior between guile 1.8 and slib. The release notes for slib 3a5
specifically mention some improvements related to working with guile
1.8.

What's the known-to-work slib version for guile 1.8? Has anyone tried
slib 3a5 yet (released in late November)?

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net