No HBCI

John Sved john.sved at onlinehome.de
Mon Jan 7 13:06:31 EST 2008

> (But on the good machine it appears to coexist and HBCI is available to
> gnucash.)
>
> STILL no HBCI support.
>
> Can anyone suggest a next step to detect and fix the problem on the bad
> machine, please?

I continued to try some combinations.

I tried to install qwenhywfar3 again  but YAST complained about various
XXXX-devel files. So I decided to try to install the
gnucash-2.2.2.0.rauch.1.rpm again.

This time Online Banking Setup was in the menu !!!

The Wizard did not work but there was a message saying the qt3 was needed.

acquanking-kde3 and aqbanking-qt3 were installed again and the wizard
works!!!

Conclusion  (I hope)

I appears that dependencies can get left behind.

My suggestion is that there should be a note in the RPM description
urging the user to manually check via YAST that unnecessary stuff such
as (list required) be removed or even a more thorough uninstal and
installation in a tested sequence before installing the gnucash RPM.

Or perhaps a more thorough check of dependencies can be made.

Perhaps the dependencies are too restrictive in not permitting newer
versions.

I do not know what is best but, at last, I can proceed to get the HBCI
banking activated.

regards,

John