QIF importer treatment of zero-sum split transactions

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 00:00:41 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 5:02 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> "Charles Day" <cedayiv at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > For your consideration, I've attached a patch that allows QIF split
> > transactions with zero in the "T" line to pass through without sign
> reversal
> > (also described above).
>
> Would it make sense to provide a boolean checkbox somewhere in the
> druid if we find one of these transactions to ask the user how to
> treat them?

When encountering a zero-sum split transaction that also zero in the "T"
line, probably the most appropriate thing to ask the user would be:
"Hey moron, why on Earth would you enter a transaction in account X's
register when that account isn't even involved?"

Possible answers:
(a) The devil made me do it.
(b) Intuit forced me to do it as a workaround (same as (a) above)
(c) You're right, I'm a moron.

;)

-Charles