gnucash hangs on older accounts file

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 11 10:06:01 EST 2008

Terry <fastsnip-bcard at yahoo.com> writes:

>> backtrace.   It's read the whole file in, but apparently doesn't
>> notice the EOF.
>>
>> -derek
>>
> Okay - does that mean there is a simple fix ?

Define "simple"?  Reminds me of a story:

A plumber gets called into a house to solve a plumbing problem where
the water isn't flowing.  He walks in, hears the description of
problem from the Lady of the house and goes to study the pipes.  After
a few minutes of scrutiny he reaches into his toolkit, pulls out a
wrench, and takes a whack at a pipe junction.  The water starts
flowing.  He hands the Lady a bill for $10,000.

"$10,000!" the Lady exclaims.  "You're crazy?  Why is this worth
$10,000?  You just whacked the pipe with a hammer.  I could've done
that!  I want to see an itemized bill."

So the plumber wrote up a new bill:

  Striking the pipe:                  $    1
  Knowing where to strike the pipe:   $9,999

> Hoping.

It'll take a bit of time.  May I share your data file with
another developer who might have more time to look at this?

> Terry
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Terry