libofx in Debian

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 14 17:51:15 EST 2008

Martin Preuss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Montag, 14. Januar 2008, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Martin Preuss <aquamaniac at gmx.de> writes:
>>> But I wouldn't recommend it yet, since AqBanking's OFX parser only
>>> provides a subset of the LibOFX features (only those functions currently
>>> needed my AqBanking: transaction statements, account balance and account
>>> list).
>> Are there any plans to extend AqBanking to support commodity/security
>> transactions?
> [...]
>
> I guess those have to be supported in the long run, but as of this moment I
> didn't receive a single request on this matter, so it isn't a priority, yet.
>
> However, this will change when I receive requests from people who actually
> want to help with testing those transaction imports (e.g. by providing
> example files etc since I don't have any).
>

> Regards
> Martin

I have dozens of sample files (though I'd have to spend some time
sanitizing them).

I actually use gnucash/aqbanking to download my investment files now --
but I cancel the import after the ofxdc connection, and import the
ofx.log file using the file/import/ofx-qfx.

I use aqbanking for the downloads because it lets me set the start date.
ofx.py doesn't.

Dave

--
David Reiser