GNUCash translation status

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jan 15 10:30:11 EST 2008

Am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 16:12 schrieb Derek Atkins:

> >> I'm not sure that it SHOULD do that.  IMHO the build dir should never
> >> update the srcdir -- if it does then distcheck could fail because the
> >> srcdir is non-writable.
> >
> > But if it is in SVN, by definition it will be in srcdir.
>
> Yes, but if builddir == srcdir then all is well.

Yes, but with my first try, if builddir != srcdir, I ended up with two
(different) POTFILES.in files, which shouldn't happen.

To make things more complicated, the processing of POTFILES.in (including the
decision which one to use, if there are two of them) is done by gettext's
makefile rules which are beyond our control, IIRC.

> > If it is in srcdir, its build rule must not be triggered by distcheck
> > (anymore) because srcdir is non-writable at that time.
>
> Isn't distcheck run out of the checked-out srcdir?

I don't know exactly. As it's a makefile rule, it can only be run out of the
builddir because there isn't a Makefile in the srcdir. What I don't know is
whether "make distcheck" *only* works in a builddir == srcdir, but I didn't
expect it this way. Andreas?

Christian