GNUCash translation status

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Jan 17 08:30:09 EST 2008

Quoting Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>:
>> Good step. Now there's still a problem related to scheme files. You have
>> a specific procedure not supported by standard intltool (it complains
>> that intl-scm/guile-strings.c doesn't exist). I can see it was already
>> discussed some time ago:
>> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-October/013976.html
>
> Indeed, this is why we generate guile-strings.c.   Our "make pot"
> rule deals with all this.  I suppose we could attempt to include
> guile-strings.c in SVN as well if you really can't work with what
> we've already got.

After reading through that old -devel thread I was rather thinking of
checking xgettext to extract strings directly from the scheme files.
Maybe today this works well enough so that we might in fact throw away
guile-strings.c completely - I don't know. I will give xgettext and
scheme files a closer look over the next days and I'll report back any
findings.

Christian