QIF Importer

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 20:55:39 EST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 6:03 PM, Ian Lewis <ianmlewis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Charles,
>
> You mentioned in some other e-mails that you were working on fixing some
> problems with the QIF importer. What exactly are you working on? I'm looking
> at trying to improve the importer myself and would like to coordinate any
> changes in an effective way. That said, I'm new to coding Gnucash haven't
> really thought much about the scheme part yet and was more looking at fixing
> bugs in the import druid first, but eventually turn to the import itself
> with the eventual (and lofty) goal of rewriting the QIF import to use the
> generic import code that the OFX and other imports are using.
>
> Ian

Ian, can I get an update on what you are working on? I've made a whole bunch
of changes to the QIF importer .scm files recently. A bunch of the patches
have been committed, but there are seven more patches waiting to be reviewed
and I think I'll need to wait for them before diving in again. In the
meantime there are a few bugs in the druid (509089, 512173, 512208) that
should be fairly easy to fix, so I could work on the C code to fix those.
Are you actively working on druid-qif-import.c?  If so, does your version
differ from the latest SVN version much?

-Charles