This GUILE/SLIB stuff again...

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Wed Jul 9 17:16:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

once again I tried to compile the current SVN version of GnuCash and failed
again. It always fails when it comes to check for SLIB.

This guile/slib stuff is really no fun to deal with, especially since all tips
from the bugzilla don't work. I don't know anything about guile or slib, so I
have absolutely no idea what to do about this problem :-(

Why is it so hard to have gnucash or guile or whoever find SLIB?

My system is ubuntu hardy (8.04), is there someone who could give me a hint in
the right direction?

I would really like to test the aqbanking3 support...

Sometimes I even get to after the point where SLIB is actually found, but then
it fails here:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X8
checking if guile needs our copy of (guile www)... ./configure: line 27227:
syntax error near unexpected token `gnc_have_guile_www,'
./configure: line 27227: `GUILE_MODULE_AVAILABLE(gnc_have_guile_www,(www
main))'

However, I checked and there are no special packages containing guile and www
for hardy so what am I missing? :-/

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/