Feature proposal: Windows - assigning GnuCash to file name extension?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 10 13:39:34 EDT 2008

"Nathan Buchanan" <nbinont at gmail.com> writes:

>> Hi,
>>
>> is it possible to automatically assign the program GnuCash to a file
>> name extension (e.g. ".gnucash") on Windows machines such that double
>> clicking on a file (e.g. abc.gnucash) opens the file with GnuCash?
>

> I agree that this should probably be an installation option, but don't have
> the time to look at it. Could you file an enhancement request so this does
> not get lost? (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla)

The problem here is that gnucash doesn't enforce any name extensions
currently..  (and in the SQLite version it imposes a .db extension).
I wonder if there's some way to get around the .db requirement?