Modified US "Tax Report & TXF Export" report - need testing help

J. Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:29:13 EDT 2008

Hi Jannick,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:42 AM, Jannick Asmus <jannick.news at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I am volunteering for testing as a German GnuCash user. As such I do not use
> the TXF file as input for another program, but I am interested in that the
> tax report for German purposes can still be used. This feature is important
> to keep and make GnuCash a prominent software in Germany.
>
> I should emphasize that I am just an ordinary user, meaning that I do not
> have any profound programmer's knowledge.
>
> Please feel free to send me the patch or whatever to test.
>
> Best wishes from Germany,
> J.

Thanks for your offer to help. However, based on an earlier e-mail
conversation I had with Christian Stimming about this report, my
understanding is that this US-based tax report is available in all
install locations except in Germany, where a German variation is
installed instead. The German version was a modified version of the
orginal US version. My changes will not apply to the German version
unless someone makes the effort to change it, which has not been done.

I am copying this to Christian (as well as to the list), so he can
comment further if he wishes to.

I am happy to make the report available to you but am not sure how it
would work in your environment (e.g., how you could compare its output
to that of the existing report (the German version in your case) to
get meaningful results from a testing perspective).

In either case, I still need someone to help test the TXF output.

Regards,

Alex