ofxdirectconnect in aqbanking3 branch

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Fri Jul 11 17:37:28 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

On Do, 2008-07-10 at 00:09 +0200, Martin Preuss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008, Martin Preuss wrote:
> > On Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008, Jerry Jaskierny wrote:
> [...]
> > Since GnuCash is directly looking for an AccountInfo object for the
> > expected account number (in this example "xxxxx1234") it doesn't succeed.
> [...]
>
> Being finally able to compile GnuCash again (thanks for the hints!!) I had a
> look at that particular code and I see a general problem.
>
> The code only looks for a particular account in the data returned (namely the
> one it requested statements for). However, this doesn't always work as one
> would expect.
>
> Some banking protocols do not allow to request statements for a specific
> account but rather for all accounts a given user is authorized for (e.g. to
> some extend EBICS, but certainly YellowNet).
>
> That was the reason to begin with for AqBanking not to return the requested
> data with the job structure but rather let the protocol backend gather all
> received data in those ImExporterContexts.
>
> This isn't just a problem of not reading superflous data: Some protocols
> (especially YellowNet, but EBICS as well) allow the server to physically
> remove data reported to the client, so data you loose in gnc-ab-gettrans.c
> will most certainly be lost for good. This most likely isn't what the caller
> intented when he requested statements...
>
> So what I propose is this: You must already have a generic import/export
> interface which is able to import data from an AB_IMEXPORTER_CONTEXT, since
> you have an importer for SWIFT MT94x, so why not use this interface to import
> the data returned? For HBCI it makes no difference, but the other protocols
> can then also be safely used with GnuCash.

I suppose this only concerns the fetching of transactions, not balances,
right?

I will take look at this issue this weekend.  Thanks!

BTW, I followed
http://www.mail-archive.com/aqbanking-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00945.html , even though you said that was not your recommended solution.

Ciao,
-- andi5