time_t

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue Jul 15 15:26:18 EDT 2008

Derek Atkins wrote:

>> Different database engines have different column types for storing
>> dates/times, so I'm using a 'YYYYMMDDHHMMSS' char string.
>
> ... in what timezone?    Do you always convert to UTC?

The current XML file doesn't convert to UTC, and as a result my computer
is stuck in the UTC+02 timezone, when I actually live in UTC (within
spitting distance of Greenwich).

If I don't do this, transactions report themselves as being one day
early, so transactions on the first of the month suddenly appear on the
last day of last month, which sends my VAT returns into a spin.

I think this is being caused by dates that are actually dates and not
times, being stores as times.

Regards,
Graham