2.2.6 release date?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Jul 20 16:34:57 EDT 2008

Am Sonntag, 20. Juli 2008 12:30 schrieb Andreas Köhler:
> Nathan is right.  Initially, I targeted this weekend, but the problems
> with the AqBanking3 importer discussed in
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2008-July/023377.html
> made me retard it a bit.
>
> The proposed release date is July 27th now.  Translators with pending
> changes should make sure they have sent them in until Saturday for
> inclusion.
>
> Christian, IIRC there have been some string additions in the latest
> months.  Do you think we could update the po files accordingly, once
> everything has been backported?

There are 3 new strings in the current 2.2 branch. We can update the po files,
but this doesn't change anything with respect to the upcoming release.

It would be better to receive updated translations, but I'm not sure where to
upload a pot template for the translators to download. If it were only those
3 strings, we could silently ignore them for the upcoming release.

However, if Charles' great series of QIF importer patches will eventually be
back-ported, they will almost surely introduce or change a whole bunch of
strings. This means after the back-porting of Charles' QIF patch series, we
need to give the translators a 2.2-branch string freeze of at least another
week, until the actual 2.2.6 release can be tagged.

Regards,

Christian