new version dependencies in debian

Micha Lenk micha at lenk.info
Wed Jul 23 15:05:36 EDT 2008

Hi David,

David Reiser wrote:
> I might be misunderstanding the Debian version numbering, but I thought
> libaqbanking20 and libgwenhywfar47 are version 3 of aqbanking/gwen.
> Gnucash 2.2.4 isn't compatible with version 3 aqbanking/gwen. For
> gnucash 2.2.4, I think the appropriate libraries are libaqbanking16 and
> libgwenhywfar38.

No, you probably don't misunderstand the Debian version numbering... :)

But the recently uploaded Debian package (version 2.2.4-2) does contain
a backported patch including the recent changes regarding AqBanking 3.x,
which will officially be part of Gnucash in 2.2.6. I urged Thomas
Bushnell, the Debian maintainer of Gnucash, to include the patch (or
upload Gnucash 2.2.6) before the freeze, which will happen in the next
few days.

I've pushed for Gnucash with HBCI support within Lenny because I had
quite some work providing patched Gnucash packages for Debian Etch (yet
the current stable release). And I want to avoid this effort for yet
another Debian release. :-)

Regards
  Micha