gnucash 2.2.5 does not compile with libgoffice 0.6

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 9 09:40:57 EDT 2008

Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> writes:

>> > Where is gog-renderer-gnome-print.h file supposed to come from?
>>
>> It's distributed by earlier versions of GOffice.  However the
>> problem here (AGAIN!) is that you're using the wrong version of
>> gtkhtml.    The code in question is:
>>
>> #ifndef GTKHTML_USES_GTKPRINT
>> #    include <goffice/graph/gog-renderer-gnome-print.h>
>> #endif
>>
>> Which means you do NOT have GTKHTML_USES_GTKPRINT defined..  Which is
>> because you're using a too-old version of GtkHTML.  You need GtkHTML
>> 3.14, not GtkHTML-3.8.   What version of GtkHTML do you have installed?
>>

> Thanks for your reply. I missed your first one, because I had mailserver
> problems (dropped out of DNS).
>
> Installing GtkHTML 3.14 fixes the problem.

Good to hear.

I added some more tests in configure.   When you're running GOffice
version >= 0.5 then configure makes sure you have gtkhtml-3.14
as well.  The change is in trunk and may or may not get backported
to 2.2.