Gnucash for Mac OsX

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 30 13:13:05 EDT 2008

Herbert Polzhofer (IMSB) wrote:
> Dear GnuCash Team,
>
> I have spend one whole day to get Gnucash to work on a intel-based
> MacbookPro running Leopard and I did not succeed. Fink offers only
> gnucash1.1.18 and MacPorts does not do the trick. Could you not just
> make a dmg package for OsX? This would be *really* nice! I have not
> donated for free software so far, but I promise I would!
>
> Cheers from zurich,
> 	Herbert

Fink offers gnucash 2.2.5 under the package name gnucash2. You need to
enable both the 'unstable' and 'crypto' trees in order to see it in the
list of packages.

A dmg installer is not a trivial undertaking, especially with 2
architectures to accommodate, and apple's library naming requirements.
It would be almost as much work as the windows port, and harder to maintain.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net