upgrading and changing distros

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 22:42:52 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Larry <l_hoffman_1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Thank you for responding,
>
> In copying my files from Mandriva SE 05 to Simply Mepis, do I copy
> all .xac files since inception, several years worth.  Or do I just copy
> the most recent saved file?  I can access these files through mounted
> partitions.

The .xac files are backup files. You would want to copy your main file.
Refer to:
http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/guide/basics-backup1.html
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#GnuCash_Files_and_managing_a_GnuCash_installation

> Also, Gnucash 2.0 was the latest stable version I saw on gnucash
> website.  If a more recent stable version is available, will these older
> files be read by the more recent version?

The easiest route would be to use the most recent version that has been
packaged for simply mepis.
2.2 should read anything 2.0 can read.

Nathan

--