Windows: Console output on the msys terminal

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sat May 17 16:08:45 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM, C. Ernst <c.ernst72 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I wonder if anybody has already noted that there is no stdout or stderr on
> the windows shell msys.

Interesting. I have never seen that problem. I build GnuCash from source in
an MSYS shell, and I run it directly from there (thus avoiding the step of
making a distributable .exe for Windows installation). When I run GnuCash, I
always see the output in the shell (Scheme backtraces, Scheme 'display'
output, irritating RegOpenKey complaints about gwenhywfar, etc.). I haven't
done anything special, that I'm aware of.

Cheers,
Charles