Bug 105932

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Mon May 19 22:37:11 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> wrote:

> "Charles Day" <cedayiv at gmail.com> writes:
> > I added this question/comment to this really old bug, but I'm not sure
> that
> > anyone will see it unless I also post it here. Christian or Derek,
> perhaps
> > you could respond, since your comments (from four years ago) are on the
> bug.
> >
> > "Nearly four years later... the documentation still doesn't cover
> > this. If this is a documentation issue, shouldn't it be reassigned to
> > the Documentation component? Or, if the dialog itself needs to be
> > redesigned to be simpler to use, I'm open to suggestions."
>
> Is it going to get fixed because it's moved the Documentation component?

It's been four years since the last comment, so I don't see any way that
moving it to Documentation would mean LESS attention. ;)

> Personally, I'd say the QIF Import component is more correct, reflecting
> that
> adding documentation is rarely the right solution … a more clear UI is; a
> patch that made it more apparent in the UI how to create a new Account
> wouldn't need documentation.

I agree. I took a look at the dialog to try to figure out how to make it
easier to distinguish between creating a top level account and creating a
subaccount. For some reason I am drawing a blank. Maybe I've been staring at
it for too long!  If you have any suggestions as to how to redesign the
dialog, fire away.

Cheers,
Charles