GDA: Status

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 26 22:58:00 EDT 2008

Quoting Albert Lash <albert.lash at gmail.com>:

>> Examples?
>>
>> The only other thing I know of that solves this problem sufficiently
>> is libdbi, and last I heard that hadn't had much updating recently.
>>

> When did you last hear about libdbi? I think its actually pretty well
> maintained. They have updated libraries and drivers in debian etch and
> lenny.

Updates from upstream?   Honestly I haven't looked recently.  I used
to think libdbi was the right stuff to use, but others seemed to want
to go with libgda instead.  What with them removing GdaQuery and all
I kind of think we should just drop GDA and go back to DBI like I
originally proposed years ago.  But I'm not doing the work so I
really don't have tons of influence.