GDA: Status

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue May 27 07:15:30 EDT 2008

Derek Atkins wrote:

> You know what?  I'd rather get something working with MySQL and SQLite
> in 6 months, then getting something that MAY work with many more
> DBs, maybe, if the dependencies fix their issues, in 12-18 months..
> In other words... Frankly, I don't care about PG.  SQLite is the most
> important DB in my mind.  MySQL and PG take second seat.   Anything
> beyond those three take about 10th seat.

PG to me takes the first seat, with MySQL and friends taking second seat
(but only by preference).

SQLite isn't that exciting for me, as it doesn't do anything that XML
doesn't already do today. However if SQLite was the "file" format, it
means that gnucash can behave the same using remote databases as it does
  using the local database.

Regards,
Graham