GDA: Status

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Thu May 29 10:14:44 EDT 2008

Derek Atkins wrote:

>>> Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!  Wow, now you're REALLLLY funny!   Have you
>>> forgotten that GnuCash is a Volunteer effort?  *laughs*  "Users"?
>> Come across to Apache sometime. We take our users seriously over there.
>
> Last I checked Apache had a whole big funded foundation backing their
> development.   Apples and kumquats, I'm afraid.

Having been a member of the foundation for some time (you are using some
of my code contributions to host your website), I can confirm to you
that Apache doesn't take it's users seriously because of "big funding"
(which Apache doesn't have), but because without users there would be
zero point in writing the software at all.

Regards,
Graham