GDA: Status

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 30 09:23:59 EDT 2008

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> On Wednesday 28 May 2008, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:
>> >
>> > Heh, I have been bitten by that one too ! I have chosen to keep credit
>> > notes (negative invoices) outside of the business tools for that reason.
>> > This works, but my credit notes have to do without the added consistency
>> > checks done by the business tools.
>>
>> Currently you can sort of do a credit note through the Process Payment
>> mechanism, but it's not perfect.
>>
> How does this work ? A link to some documentation is also ok...

A Process Payment gives you that "Negative" number.  What you would
do is Process Payment to, say, your checking account.  Then after
the transaction gets posted you can go in and change it from Checking
to Income.  Make sure you only change the account, not the AMOUNT.
Changing the amount will throw off all the numbers.

>> Honestly, I wrote the business features for my own use, and indeed it's
>> worked quite fine for me.  The fact that other people can use them at
>> all is just gravy.  You're welcome to take the same approach and write
>> the code you need to get your work done.  This *IS* the devel list
>> after all!   Patches are always welcome.
>>
> I am aware of that as you could read in my earlier mail in this topic. Alas
> for several reasons, I am currently unable to provide patches. And I said as
> well my comments were not meant to complain. Do you prefer I create a bug
> report for this issue ? I will gladly do so.

Sorry, that response wasn't necessarily directed at you.  On the
other hand this *IS* the -devel list so there's a tacit assumption
that questions are development-related and not "how do I do X".