GDA: Status

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Sat May 31 17:18:38 EDT 2008

2008/5/30 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
> "Daniel Espinosa" <esodan at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I just want to point that if you use V4 you may will get inmediatly
>> access to SQLite database, and after the API is stable enough the
>> other database providers will be on the road.
>
> How long in the future is this "down the road"?  I'm concerned
> about your statement: "after the API is stable enough".  That
> certainly does not send me warm fuzzies.  :(

Of course it will depend on the time frame you have. May be for Phil,
its better to find a way archive the same functionality or he wants or
try to fix himself, or wait to other to fix it. I see that the work
made on GDA backend is realy advanced and may you want to see your
work on the main tree, then may be is better to use V3 and try to fix
the problem in a some way. Sorry I haven't time to see the Phil's work
to see if I can help or even find a way to archive, as a temporaly
solution, the same functionality.

I'm trying to get a library using V4, becouse my work will be too
later after V4 will be realesed, then I'm using and reporting/fixing
bugs on it. I found V4 more easy to archive my objectives. Of course
Phil's backend work have other priorities.

>> I don't think is a good idea to have a copy of GDA in GnuCash.
>
> I agree completely.  I really don't think we want a copy of GDA
> in GnuCash.
>
> -derek
>
> --
>       warlord at MIT.EDU                        PGP key available

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)