Problem with home-made Finance::Quote script

Fredrik Persson fredrik.p.persson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 14:59:28 EST 2008

I've written (or rather, modified an existing) .pm file for fetching
fund quotes from www.morningstar.se. (Attached.)

Installing this script works fine with gnc-fq-dump, example:

$ gnc-fq-dump ftest_funds FXIRL00109
I am in my module!
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: FXIRL00109           <=== required
      date: 10/31/2008           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last:                      <=\
       nav: 488.74               <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

As you can see, things look rather well. The NAV value is correct.

However, when I try to use this in gnucash, I get a popup saying "There
was an unknown error while retrieving the price quotes." No other
indication on what's wrong, not in the terminal either.

I'm running gnucash 2.2.6 r17427 on Ubuntu 8.10.

What could be wrong? Any idea how to fix this?

TIA

Fredrik Persson