Transfering stock between two accounts not supported?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 7 08:37:47 EST 2008

Quoting Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de>:

>> You are using the transfer dialog, right?
>>
>> > If not, for an outsider that looks odd, since transfering stock looks
>> > like a simple feature to implement...
>>
>> You can transfer if you enter the transaction directly in the
>> account register.
>>

> That is exactly what happens here. Is that a know bug?

Nope, not a bug at all.  Perhaps a "limitation" of the transfer
dialog, but personally I don't consider it a bug.  On the other hand
I never use the transfer dialog.

> Thanks for the nice workaround.

Keep in mind that you might want to edit the txn from both sides
to make sure you get the price right in both accounts.