Date field in 2.2.6

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Oct 14 05:10:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

I recently upgraded from GnuCash 2.2.4 to 2.2.6, due to a distribution upgrade
from Mandriva 2008.1 to 2009.0.

In the new version of Gnucash, I can no longer edit the date field via the
keyboard in some dialogs. So far, I have encountered this problem with these
dialogs:
- Post Invoice/Bill
- Reconcile

Dialogs that do work correctly are:
- New Invoice/Bill
- Pay Invoice/Bill
- Date entries in the registry
- Price editor

Others, I haven't tried yet.

Symptom:
Using the keyboard to enter a date in a date field of a problematic dialog
doesn't work.

For example, when I select the date field in the Post Invoice dialog,
enter "15.9", I expect the field to translate this into "15.09.2008". Instead
I get "1.10.2008". In fact no matter what I enter, the date is always set
to "1.10.2008" in this dialog. The "+" and "-" keys don't work either
including using them with a modifier key. To be exact: Gnucash receives the
keys, but sets the result to "1.10.2008" in all cases. I come to this
conclusion because the date field is initially set to "today", for
example "14.10.2008". Pressing + or -, sets the field to "1.10.2008" and then
it sticks. "1.10.2008" was the date it stuck to yesterday and still today. So
it doesn't seem to be related to the current date.

The Reconcile dialog sticks at "14.10.2008". I can't tell if this means it
sticks to the current date or a fixed date that happens to be today.

Workaround:
I can set the dates correctly when using the mouse and the pulldown calendar.

The strangest thing for me is that not all dialogs are affected. Is there
something different in the code for the ill-functioning date controls and the
proper functioning ones ?

If you need more info, I'll gladly provide this.

Geert