Development on Mac Leopard (10.5.5)

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 18:44:53 EDT 2008

What is the current state as far as doing GnuCash development on Leopard? I
now have a spiffy new MacBook Pro at my disposal, so I am trying to shift
away from developing on XP. I read the FAQ but the information sounded
enough out-of-date that I thought I should ask for a update to double-check
before diving in.

1. Is it readily possible to do GnuCash development, compilation, and
testing work from within Leopard, via macports or fink or otherwise?
2. Is it just easier to do the work in Linux or XP running in a virtual
machine, e.g. vmware fusion or parallels? (I would rather not have to dual
boot.)

Cheers,
Charles