SQL backend

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Mon Oct 27 14:58:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 18:39 +0100, Rolf Leggewie wrote:

> Phil Longstaff wrote:
> > The only think I can think of is that the dbi module isn't being loaded.
>
> Phil,
>
> thank you for your continued support.
>
> So, this just may be a case of incorrectly compiling gnucash?  I sure
> hope I wasn't wasting everybody's time because of my stupidity.
>
> There is no file libgncmod-backend-dbi.so below /export/gnucash, but
> there is one in /usr/lib/gnucash/gnucash.  That one is from a
> self-compiled deb package.  Why was this file not created for the
> installation below /export/gnucash?
> /export/gnucash/lib/libgnc-backend-sql.so does exist, btw.  "strings
> /export/gnucash/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-engine.so | fgrep dbi" returns
> nothing, but the file itself exists.

lib/libgnc-backend-sql.so will always be built.
libgncmod-backend-dbi.so will only be built it --enable-dbi is provided
when gnucash is configured.  The string I was asking you to search for
in libgncmod-engine.so is used to load the dbi backend at run time.  It
is only loaded if configure could find dbi/dbi.h (usually
in /usr/include).

> As another way to look for the root of the problem; can you provide me
> with a working sqlite file of a sample gnucash file?  I'd like to see if
> I can read it in.

I'll send one to you directly so that it doesn't clog the mailing list.