trunk doesn't compile

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Oct 31 06:27:48 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, 31. Oktober 2008 06:00 schrieb Casey Cichon:
> > .libs/split-register-control.o cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> > split-register-control.c: In function â:
> > split-register-control.c:1149: warning: â may be used uninitialized in
> > this function
> > make[5]: *** [split-register-control.lo] Error 1
> > make[5]: Leaving directory
> > `/home/casey/downloads/gnucash/src/register/ledger-core'
>
> just changed
>
> line number: 1149 src/register/ledger-core/split-register-control.c
>
> changed
> const char *message;
> const char *message = NULL;
>
> now everything compiles again.

Thanks for pointing this out. Your proposed fix indeed gets rid of the
compiler warning/error, but is the wrong fix in this case. Rather, one had to
fix the point where "message" might have been used without having a value
assigned. I just committed this as r17677, which should compile again. If it
doesn't, don't hesitate to notify us again! Thanks.

Regards,

Christian