Newbie: Want to integrate with Contact Mgmt

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:00:41 EDT 2008

I think Christian said it best, so I'm going to steal his response from a
few months ago:

What the developers here mean by "the gnucash API" is all the source code
that lives in src/engine/, also known as "the engine" here. Most of it is
documented by doxygen comments in the source code. The source code in
src/engine depends on glib.... The gnucash model of programming expects any
non-GUI program to use the programming API that is offered by src/engine in
order to open a gnucash data file, extract data from it, potentially modify
its content, and maybe save it again.

so, yes, you can probably do what you want to do, but it'll take a bit of
work.

The library that constains this code src/engine/ is libgncmod-engine.<you're
shared library extension>

You might also check http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/HEAD/modules.html for
documentation.

Nathan

Please remember to cc the list for faster responses.

--