Build Error on Trunk

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 07:33:30 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 6:05 PM, David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Which version of glib are you using? 2.16.4 and higher reverted the change
> in gthread.h that caused the problem for me in the thread you referenced.
> Disabling error on warning allowed building to continue for me, but gnucash
> didn't run.
>
> I'd suggest updating to glib 2.16.5 (2.18.x might also work, but I think
> they made enough changes in the minor version update to worry about
> ancillary things breaking.) So really, the problem would be if you have glib
> 2.16.2 or 2.16.3 -- or it's a different problem entirely. But I'd bet on
> glib.

Well, I may have gotten myself in a rabbit hole here.  I'm still
running Fedora 7 on my laptop and glib 2.12.13.  I can try to upgrade
to the latest, but, from previous experience, that's quite painful
with the myriad of dependencies on the gnome side.

I'll try the stable release and see what happens.

BTW, I just tried the Windows version and it looks and feels great! In
fact, yesterday I finally made the permanent move from Quicken to
gnucash with my 20+ years of data.  There will be some pain, but the
gain in freedom alone is worth it.

Thanks.

-Tom