Lots and SQL backend

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 9 10:18:14 EDT 2008

Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> writes:

[snip]
> Once lot->splits == NULL, there are no splits, so unless there is some
> other way that the payment might be tied in, it would be safe to
> replace "lot->account = NULL" with "qof_instance_set_destroying(lot,
> TRUE)".

No, I do not think it would be safe to destroy the lot from under the
invoice, at lease without auditing all uses of the API.

> Phil

-derek

PS: I'll just note that this is why I keep saying that the DB backend
is just a data store; putting in table requirements like this just
causes problems for GnuCash and just makes everyone's life more
difficult.