Finance::Quote under 2.2.6 Not working?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 9 21:38:53 EDT 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 4:05 PM, David T. wrote:

> I have been unable to get quotes in GC for a while now (since I
> upgraded to 2.2.6?); clicking the Get Quotes button yields an
> hourglass and hangs and my only recourse is to kill the process. I
> am running GC 2.2.6 on an IntelMac with Leopard 10.5.4 and x-quartz
> 2.2.3.
>
> Any help is welcome.
>
> David

Hmm. Works for me. How did you install gnucash and/or update? Did you
update x-quartz before or after updating gnucash? (I don't think
xquartz is the problem, but...)

What happens if you type:

gnc-fq-dump yahoo AAPL

in a terminal window?

What quote source are you trying to use?

Have you knowingly updated any of your perl setup lately?

When you start gnucash, what does the terminal say about finding
Finance-Quote?

Dave
--
David Reiser