wishlist: speedentry

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 11 09:09:36 EDT 2008

And how does the transaction autofill not help here?
In your proposal you'd have to remember HOW to create the split --
where do you store the 25% amount?  What if you have different
percentages going on?

With the auto-fill, you open your checking account register (which
is where you should start anyways) and all you need to do is type
the date, the description (which should match an older description
if you have the same txns all the time), and once you leave that
it will auto-fill in everyting else!  Then all you need to do is
edit the amount.

So... you're typing 3 things:  date, desc, amount.  This seems
to be as little work as what you're talking about, and you can
do it today in the current interface.

-derek