r17503 - gnucash/trunk/src/backend/sql - Remove constraint that lot.account_guid must not be null. Unfortunately,

warlord at MIT.EDU warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 12 22:37:40 EDT 2008

Quoting Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at cvs.gnucash.org>:

> Remove constraint that lot.account_guid must not be null.  Unfortunately,
> sqlite doesn't support ALTER TABLE which modifies column constraints, so
> existing databases can't be modified programmatically.

Can't you alter the table by creating a new temporary table with the
new constraints and then renaming it back to the original table name?

We really need a process to be able to automatically update the
database schema as we update it.