Issue With AqBanking and Qt

Chris M. Lindsey clindsey at uga.edu
Sun Sep 14 20:35:45 EDT 2008

Hi all,
When I attempt to add a new user to the Online Banking dialog, after
entering all the information and clicking forward, I get errors.  First, I
get an error from Windows that says, "qt3-wizard.exe has stopped working.
 The error details include:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: qt3-wizard.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 489012f5
  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 000659c3
  OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: ee68
  Additional Information 2: 80c0cf99589649dfb6644670b1e6f18a
  Additional Information 3: 9001
  Additional Information 4: c53a3d9270a1d84e8b477c0668055f02

Then, gnucash gives me an error:

The external program "AqBanking Setup Wizard" failed to run successfully
because the additional software "Qt" was not found.  Please install the
"Qt/Windows Open Source Edition" from Trolltech by downloading it from
www.trolltech.com

If you have installed Qt already, you will have to adapt the PATH variable
of your system appropriately.  Contact the GnuCash developers if you need
further assistance on how to install Qt correctly.

Online Banking cannot be setup without Qt.  Press "Close" now, then "Cancel"
to cancel the Online Banking setup.

gnucash's error log gives me this output:

*   WARN <gnc.app-util> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute child
process (No such file or directory)
*   WARN <gnc.import.hbci> Ouch, no Qt demo program was found. Qt not
installed?
*   WARN <gnc.import.hbci> on_aqhbci_button: Oops, aqhbci wizard return
nonzero value: -1073741819. The called program was "C:\Program
Files\gnucash\lib\aqbanking\plugins\16\wizards\qt3-wizard.exe".
*   WARN <gnc.import.hbci> Ouch, no Qt demo program was found. Qt not
installed?
*   WARN <gnc.import.hbci> on_aqhbci_button: Oops, aqhbci wizard return
nonzero value: -1073741819. The called program was "C:\Program
Files\gnucash\lib\aqbanking\plugins\16\wizards\qt3-wizard.exe".

I am running gnucash 2.2.6 on Windows Vista.  I checked, and I do have the
file "C:\Program
Files\gnucash\lib\aqbanking\plugins\16\wizards\qt3-wizard.exe", if that
helps.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this.  Thanks everyone.

Chris
---
Chris M. Lindsey