AUDIT: r17535 - gnucash/trunk/src/gnome-utils - In price and commodity tree views, restore gconf settings after initialization.

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Wed Sep 17 00:26:25 EDT 2008

Hi Charles,

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 00:17 -0400, Andreas Köhler wrote:
> Author: andi5
> New Revision: 17535
> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/17535
> Log:
> In price and commodity tree views, restore gconf settings after initialization.
>
> Previously, gconf settings like sort column and order for price and commodity
> dialogs were read in while creating the main tree view objects themselves,
> i.e. before a model has been set.  In this early stage of initialization, these
> properties cannot always be set and are ignored subsequently.
>
> Instead, apply the properties after the view has been built and set default
> sorting column only if no column has been found in gconf.
>
> BP

I noticed this when looking at r17439 and r17468.  If you agree with my
findings and everything works for you, I would backport these three
commits together.  Either all or none of them ;-)

Ciao,
-- andi5

PS: If you have not already done so, I would suggest you to build
gconf-editor for Windows.  It works perfectly (just as Glade-3, but that
is a topic I will revive later) and can be quite helpful sometimes.  At
least for non-automated tasks it is easier to handle than
gconftool-2 :-)