SQL backend

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Fri Sep 26 06:31:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

from what I understand the SQL backend is now in trunk.  I do have some
trouble to test it out and ask for your help.

Today I compiled r17594 with "./configure --prefix=/export/gnucash
--enable-debug --enable-doxygen --enable-locale-specific-tax
--enable-error-on-warning --enable-compile-warnings --enable-aqbanking
--enable-python-bindings --enable-dbi;make;make install".  I then ran
the binary with "LC_ALL=C LANG=C /export/gnucash/bin/gnucash" and tried
to save a gnucash file from "File - Database Connection".  I choose
mysql.  Mysql is on a LAN server.  I put in the host name, left the
database name at gnucash and supplied the MYSQL superuser username and
password and tried to save the file.

The result was an error message "Can't parse the URL
/home/rolf/.gnucash/data/mysql:,,$server:gnucash:$user:$pw."  What am I
doing wrong?

Regards

Rolf