Stupid beginner question about string freeze

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Sep 26 14:08:24 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, 26. September 2008 19:15 schrieb Frank H. Ellenberger:
> Hello together,
>
> it may be, that I missed something. But how do we keep it with a string
> freeze? I remember, at least my CUSIP/ISIN patch is changing a few strings.
> Will they be untranslated in 2.2.7 or got the translators a chance?

I think we rather risk leaving them untranslated. So, no extra string freeze.
It should be sufficient to have some time period (1-2 weeks) between the last
string changing commit and the actual release. If you want, you can call this
a string freeze, but IMHO there wasn't any feedback from translators about
that time, so that I think there isn't much benefit in here.

Christian