SQL backend and error checking

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Sat Sep 27 13:42:55 EDT 2008

I've just committed a modification so that there is more extensive error
checking, so that the SQL backends will set the backend error code
appropriately when there is a problem.  However, the front end doesn't
do much.  For example, I deleted the account table and then tried to
create a new account.  /tmp/gnucash.trace contains error messages
indicating that the SQL commit had failed (no table), but the on_err
routine in Account.c just logs another critical error in the trace file
and continues.  Error reporting will need to be improved.  I'll log this
in bugzilla.

Phil

--
"The results of this were not altogether what had been hoped for, and further dissensions ensued."

Marguerite Block, "The New Church in the New World" referring to the 'Charitable Association' which was formed among members to tell each other their faults as an aid to more rapid regeneration.