SQL backend

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Sun Sep 28 09:47:20 EDT 2008

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Phil Longstaff wrote:
>
>> This is all there is?  Nothing related to SQL or backend?
>>

> Today I have one more line, but I don't think it is what you are looking
> for, either.
>
> * 13:52:01  CRIT <Gtk> gtk_widget_event: assertion
> `WIDGET_REALIZED_FOR_EVENT (widget, event)' failed
>
> What do we do now?

What platform?

When I tried to connect to a mysql db, I got the same popup, but my
/tmp/gnucash.trace contained:

* 13:29:46  CRIT <gnc.backend.dbi> [error_fn()] DBI error: 1044: Access
denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'gnucash'
* 13:29:46  CRIT <gnc.backend.dbi> [gnc_dbi_mysql_session_begin()]
Unable to connect to mysql://localhost:gnucash::: -2

Of course, if, for some reason, it didn't build the backend as expected,
then it might not understand the URL and would fail without providing
gnucash.trace messages.

I assume you have an up-to-date trunk.

Phil