problem with qif-parse.scm in trunk

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:16:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:31 AM, David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net>wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2008, at 9:29 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>  David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> writes:
>>
>>  Turning off the setting of LC_MESSAGES and running:
>>> LANG=C /opt/gnucash-svn/bin/gnucash
>>> does allow gnucash to start. But I still get the error message in the qif
>>> dialog "Some characters have been discarded" when importing 141003a.qif
>>>

>> What if you set LANG=en_US?  Or en_US.UTF-8?
>>
>>  The 'natural' state of my LANG setting is en_US.UTF-8. That's where I had
> the initial problem with gnucash trunk failing on launch with the .scm file
> containing the latin-1 version of the GBP symbol. I get the same "illegal
> byte sequence" error on launch with LANG=en_US.

In case you haven't already noticed, in r17598 I have backed out the pound
symbol changes for bug 141003. Since it involved the same lines as the fix
for bug 141002, it prevented 141002 from getting backported into 2.2.7. I
have an alternative solution for the pound symbol, but am not 100% happy
with it so I have not committed it yet. At least the way is cleared now for
the 141002 fix no matter where 141003 ends up. Stay tuned.

> Dave
> --
>
> David Reiser
> dbreiser at earthlink.net