Aqbanking wizard crashes when configuring a new user (aqofxconnect)

Stuart Wolf stuart.wolf at gyrusacmi.com
Tue Sep 30 12:40:31 EDT 2008

Hi

I am trying to use aqbanking to download statements online using the
aqofxconnect backend. The setup wizard constantly crashes with the same
error. I am using gnucash 2.2.7 on Windows Vista SP1.

Steps to recreate the problem are:
1) Open configuration dialog
2) Select Users tab
3) New -> aqofxconnect -> Ok
4) Fill in General and Ofx tabs with details -> Ok ->CRASH

The error message is:"qt3-wizard.exe has stopped working" and when
continuing a further error message is received:
"The external program Aqbanking Setup Wizard" failed to run succesfully
because the additional software "Qt" was not found. Please install the
"Qt/Windows Open Source Edition" from Trolltech by downloading it from
www.trolltech.com

If you have already installed Qt, you will have to adapt the PATH
variable of your system appropriately..........."

According to the wiki from 2.2.1 it is not necessary to install Qt so
this message is unclear.

The file gnucash.trace contains the following text:
*   WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 2484 bytes.
The identifiers might not be very random.
*   WARN <gnc.import.hbci> Ouch, no Qt demo program was found. Qt not
installed?
*   WARN <gnc.import.hbci> on_aqhbci_button: Oops, aqhbci wizard return
nonzero value: 255. The called program was "C:\Program
Files\gnucash\lib\aqbanking\plugins\16\wizards\qt3-wizard.exe".