Trouble compiling

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Wed Apr 1 13:42:13 EDT 2009

OK.  I am using the sql backend with sqlite3 for my regular data and have had
no problems.  I can't guarantee anything with mysql, but will try to help you
if you run into any problems.

Also, please include gnucash-devel at lists.gnucash.org as a CC or TO for all e-
mail.

When I configure trunk, I use the commands:
	./autogen.sh
	./configure --prefix=/opt/gnucash2-svn/ --enable-debug --enable-doxygen --
enable-dbi
	make all install 2>&1 | tee make.log

This builds gnucash, puts it into /opt/gnucash2-svn/bin/gnucash, and puts the
build log in make.log.

You will need libdbi and the mysql dbd (database driver) installed.  Gnucash
assumes the dbd is in /usr/lib/dbd.  If it isn't, add --with-dbi-dbd-dir=...
to the configure command (where ... is the path to the dbd directory).

Once gnucash is started, either with a new file and set of accounts, or by
saving to a mysql file, and supply hostname, database name, user and password.
I think gnucash will create the database if it doesn't exist (it's been a
while since I tried this).

Let me know if you have any problems.

Phil