Fwd: Preparing for GTK 3.0 and GNOME 3

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 7 12:01:37 EDT 2009

Micha Lenk <micha at lenk.info> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> Derek Atkins wrote:
>> AFAIK nobody is working on this.
>> Are you volunteering?
>
> I could do *some* of the work. But I don't think that I have the
> necessary overview over the complete project to decide on stuff like
> release targets and so on. So I thought it is a good idea to hear *your*
> opinions first...

Fair enough.

Generally GnuCash lags behind Gnome/Gtk by about 12-18 months, so if
Gtk-3.0 is set for 2010 we really don't need a gnucash release until
2011, which means we can start to worry about it after 2.4.   So, no
rush on it.

I know that David Hampton has done some work adding code checks to
test for deprecated functions, so we might be halfway there!